Ir al contenido principal

"english language challenge"

English in university... well, to be honest, this is the very first english class I have in university. When I did the english test after I got accepted in my career, I got English III so here I am. Sure, I'd have enjoyed it more if I'd had the opportunity of ACTUALLY being in a classroom, speaking english directly with the professor, and if i wouldn't had as many problem as I had when I had to connect to virtual classes. But, despite of that, it was interesting, I really learned and solve a few questions I had in classes and I really, really like to write in english, so blogging helped me. My english isn't perfect, at the contrary, I think i have a lot of vocabulary problem and my gramatic sucks, but I defend myself.

I learned english on my own, I entered the internet very young and my father works in ships, so he has to travel a lot with other people and had to learn to speak english, and he help me to start learning too. I learned thank to music and movies, but, I think I really got involved with this language thank to Kpop. How, may you ask? Well, when I started to like Korean music it wasn't really popular in Latin America, so a majority of the interviews, lyrics translations and tv shows of my boybands and girlbands were only en english, so I force myself to learn. I made a few english speaker friends so they help me a lot to improve, but... I still have a lot to learn. And! Talking about, I decided to use the free time quarantine has gave me to learn another language, Korean, this time. However, the book I'm using to learn is in english, and in one side is a little bit confusing, but in the other, knowing english gives me tools that really help me with Korean, for examples, phonemas, there is a lot of sounds and vowels (korean has 21 vowels) that doesn't exist in Spanish but I know how to pronounce thanks to english.

However, wish me luck learning this new language! And thank you very much for the learning!

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

“women are not made whole by men. women are made whole the moment they enter this world.”

After I finished She-ra and the Princesses of Power, I rewatched it a few times because I didn't feel emotionally prepared to start a new series. But then a friend I really care about said to me I should watch Anne with an E, a netflix adaption of the famous book Anne of Green Gables. And, right now, after I finally finished the third and last (at the moment) season, I don't feel emotionally prepare to start a new series, again. And I just had to say that this serie is one of the best I've seen in a while. The serie is about a 13 years old orphan name Anne Shirley, who arrives by mistake in the farm of Green Gables, were the siblings Matthew and Marilla Cuthberth were expecting a boy. However, Anne manages to stay in the farm despite the initial prejudices and changes the little town of Avonlea forever with her imagination and bright personality. Everything about the show: the art department, the screenplay, the characthers and also the topics its talk about, are amazin

a country i would like to visit!

First of all, there are many-many countries I would like to visit, so it's a question that request a lot of thinking for me. I can't choose only one, I think, so I would say first of all Mexico. I have always wanted to travel to Mexico, I think it's such an interesting place witch a rich culture. Visually, I like everything, their art, their architecture, and culturally too, I'm very interested in their history and cosmology, and although I think I might have a few problems with the food, since I'm no really into spicy things, I'm willing to try as much as my paladar allows me if one day I get the chance to go there. Also I must admit that I would like to go with my mom, since she is really a fan of Mexican culture too and I think a grand part of why I would like to go is for her.  There are many countries in Latinoamerica in general I would like to go, but if I get the chance to leave the continent, I would like to go to Asia and go to Korea. I've been thin

bong joon-ho and how everything is a class strugle

Boon Joon Ho (봉준호) is a South Korean filmmaker and Sociologist, born in Daegu in 1969. He enrolled to studied sociology in 1988 in Yonsei University at Seoul, it was there when he started his first film project, as he was part of a film club named Yellow Door. Finally around the 90's he did a two year program in the Korean Academy of Film Arts. His movies are known for tal about social issues, and because its dark and sarcastics humour and his abrupts tone shifts. He is now globally know for being the director of Parasite, the first non-english film who has ever win the Oscar major prize: Best Picture. The film took home the "Best Director", "Best Original Screen-play" and "Best International Feature film" statue as well.  I didn't knew him until Parasite was release, I watched it because an actress I really like (Park So Dam) played a major role in it. However, I felt in love with the way he portraits class issues in the film, as a sociolo