Ir al contenido principal

she-ra and the princesses of power

So, the last days has been HARD days, in a lot of ways. Not only the world is kind of ending but also the way that everything is going downhill with my mental health because of the quarantine and all this coronavirus + blm movement thing. I'd tried to focus on good or positive thing but has been difficult, so I kind of found a refuge on an animated serie I'm rlly obssesed with right now, called She-ra and the princesses of power.

This serie is a reboot of 1985, "She-ra: The princess of Power", this new version was developed by Noelle Stevenson and produces by Dreamworks Animation and is, at the moment, the one animated series that has a lesbian characther as the main protagonist, with a female love interest. The series finished this May 15th with its finale season when, finally, Adora (the protagonist who has the abilitie to transform herself into She-ra, a mithycal heroine from the magical planet Etheria) kiss Catra, her ex best friend, who transformed into her enemy during 4 seasons and who finally got her redemption arc at the end, along with the happy ending both this girls deserve.

I think this serie has transform, currently, in my emotional support but also in one of my favorites series because of the level of represention it has. And I'm not talking just about something related to my sexuality (I'm a lesbian), but in all the ways. It has characters from differents etnicitys and body shapes, skins colors and personalities, plus that her cast its almost completely female and the male characters are also rlly interesting. Has a married lesbian couple, a married gay couple and trans characthers, its also has a non-binary characther who use they/them pronouns. Talks about war, about friendship, has a little girl of eleven years old who is the ruler of a whole kingdom, and its strong and brave, also a big woman who is no femenine but that has a big heart and it's soft and kind, breaking a lot of stereotypes related to gender and personalities, make you know that the sex you born with doesn't has to stop you for being who you are, also represents child abuse (non-sexual) and give the childs the opportunitie to overcome and survive this abuse without forgiving their abuser and through the love of people that respect their integrity and value, etc, etc.

Idk, maybe i'm obssesed with this series because I want to have some kind of hope that we can get better as society in the future.

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

“women are not made whole by men. women are made whole the moment they enter this world.”

After I finished She-ra and the Princesses of Power, I rewatched it a few times because I didn't feel emotionally prepared to start a new series. But then a friend I really care about said to me I should watch Anne with an E, a netflix adaption of the famous book Anne of Green Gables. And, right now, after I finally finished the third and last (at the moment) season, I don't feel emotionally prepare to start a new series, again. And I just had to say that this serie is one of the best I've seen in a while. The serie is about a 13 years old orphan name Anne Shirley, who arrives by mistake in the farm of Green Gables, were the siblings Matthew and Marilla Cuthberth were expecting a boy. However, Anne manages to stay in the farm despite the initial prejudices and changes the little town of Avonlea forever with her imagination and bright personality. Everything about the show: the art department, the screenplay, the characthers and also the topics its talk about, are amazin

a country i would like to visit!

First of all, there are many-many countries I would like to visit, so it's a question that request a lot of thinking for me. I can't choose only one, I think, so I would say first of all Mexico. I have always wanted to travel to Mexico, I think it's such an interesting place witch a rich culture. Visually, I like everything, their art, their architecture, and culturally too, I'm very interested in their history and cosmology, and although I think I might have a few problems with the food, since I'm no really into spicy things, I'm willing to try as much as my paladar allows me if one day I get the chance to go there. Also I must admit that I would like to go with my mom, since she is really a fan of Mexican culture too and I think a grand part of why I would like to go is for her.  There are many countries in Latinoamerica in general I would like to go, but if I get the chance to leave the continent, I would like to go to Asia and go to Korea. I've been thin

bong joon-ho and how everything is a class strugle

Boon Joon Ho (봉준호) is a South Korean filmmaker and Sociologist, born in Daegu in 1969. He enrolled to studied sociology in 1988 in Yonsei University at Seoul, it was there when he started his first film project, as he was part of a film club named Yellow Door. Finally around the 90's he did a two year program in the Korean Academy of Film Arts. His movies are known for tal about social issues, and because its dark and sarcastics humour and his abrupts tone shifts. He is now globally know for being the director of Parasite, the first non-english film who has ever win the Oscar major prize: Best Picture. The film took home the "Best Director", "Best Original Screen-play" and "Best International Feature film" statue as well.  I didn't knew him until Parasite was release, I watched it because an actress I really like (Park So Dam) played a major role in it. However, I felt in love with the way he portraits class issues in the film, as a sociolo