Ir al contenido principal

the soundtrack of my life aka my own coming of age movie

Okay, I've OBVIOUSLY thought about this a lot, since I love music and I love movies and I love daydreaming because life is miserable so you have to cope some how, and tbh I actually have a whole playlist about this, and I've decided many year ago that definitely a movie of my life would start with FULL MOON by Black Ghost, from Twilight (2008) so soundtrack, with a shot of me running late to work, or school, or to wherever place I’m going to, probably because something bad happened to me. 

 that said, i really think Twilight's soundtrack was a big influence to me, since was one of the first things i heard for myself and not because my mom or my brother told me so, I met bands and musicians that keep by my side and on playlist till today such as Florence and The Machine, St. Vincent, Paramore, Muse, SIA and Sleeping At Last, and a lot of other artist that I listen casually. I think was one of the first times I really felt music on another level

My music genre is kinda diverse I think, but I love drama with my whoooole life so definitely I need a super intense a dramatic scene that would be my villian origin with some classical music on the background, something like Dance of the Knights by Prokofiev or some Paganini. I really enjoy classical music or instrumental/orquestal music in general because it really heps me concentrate and it's also funny because if a watch a movie and that movie has classical music in it's soundtrack it's usually a BSO I would enjoy. It's meaningful for me in the way that I enjoy 
 

And, I just CAN'T let kpop out of this, I've been listening to korean musica, pop and R&B and even rock or indie for so long that I j just can't imagine my life without it, even tho lately I haven't been listening so much of it, but I've been in almost every concert a korean band has made in our country. To be honest, I think Psycho from Red Velvet its simply one of the best song ever created in human history and I would film a whole scene just to have an excuse to put this song in a movie, I also have plans to be played in my funeral. I really enjoy music of female groups such as CLC, Red Velvet, (G)I-DLE or BLACKPINK and soloist like Taeyeon, Lee Hi, Heize or Bibi, I also like boygroups as well, my favorite is NCT. I've been into this since I was so young it really marked my life, and a lot of people make fun of my for this, during a lot of time I thought my music taste was 'lame' and 'basic' only because I liked pop music from a asian country !!! how stupid is that. I think kpop really opened my mind because since I listened something that was so "hated" I was never prejudices about any artist or genre, so I get to know a lot of music from every part of the world. 


Not gonna lie, I think I've the ability of talk about this for hours or write a 20 pages essay about it because I really enjoy tons of music of different styles, lately I've been listening a lot of japanese and russian music and I'm always looking for more. But I need to said, without any doubt, that latinoamerican female musicians, specifically chilean artist, have a huge-huge-HUGE importance in my life. A lot of woman do, of course, most of artist I relate deeply (if not all) are woman. Mon Laferte, Natalia Lafourcade, Silvana Estrada, Niña Tormenta and other beautiful and talented woman had been by my side and in my hear trough the roughest and hardest times of my life. I'd like to leave, to finish this little post, a song by chilean singer Rosario Alfonso, one of my latest discovers and the choose one to help me go through the last years. 




thank you for reading

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

“women are not made whole by men. women are made whole the moment they enter this world.”

After I finished She-ra and the Princesses of Power, I rewatched it a few times because I didn't feel emotionally prepared to start a new series. But then a friend I really care about said to me I should watch Anne with an E, a netflix adaption of the famous book Anne of Green Gables. And, right now, after I finally finished the third and last (at the moment) season, I don't feel emotionally prepare to start a new series, again. And I just had to say that this serie is one of the best I've seen in a while. The serie is about a 13 years old orphan name Anne Shirley, who arrives by mistake in the farm of Green Gables, were the siblings Matthew and Marilla Cuthberth were expecting a boy. However, Anne manages to stay in the farm despite the initial prejudices and changes the little town of Avonlea forever with her imagination and bright personality. Everything about the show: the art department, the screenplay, the characthers and also the topics its talk about, are amazin

a country i would like to visit!

First of all, there are many-many countries I would like to visit, so it's a question that request a lot of thinking for me. I can't choose only one, I think, so I would say first of all Mexico. I have always wanted to travel to Mexico, I think it's such an interesting place witch a rich culture. Visually, I like everything, their art, their architecture, and culturally too, I'm very interested in their history and cosmology, and although I think I might have a few problems with the food, since I'm no really into spicy things, I'm willing to try as much as my paladar allows me if one day I get the chance to go there. Also I must admit that I would like to go with my mom, since she is really a fan of Mexican culture too and I think a grand part of why I would like to go is for her.  There are many countries in Latinoamerica in general I would like to go, but if I get the chance to leave the continent, I would like to go to Asia and go to Korea. I've been thin

bong joon-ho and how everything is a class strugle

Boon Joon Ho (봉준호) is a South Korean filmmaker and Sociologist, born in Daegu in 1969. He enrolled to studied sociology in 1988 in Yonsei University at Seoul, it was there when he started his first film project, as he was part of a film club named Yellow Door. Finally around the 90's he did a two year program in the Korean Academy of Film Arts. His movies are known for tal about social issues, and because its dark and sarcastics humour and his abrupts tone shifts. He is now globally know for being the director of Parasite, the first non-english film who has ever win the Oscar major prize: Best Picture. The film took home the "Best Director", "Best Original Screen-play" and "Best International Feature film" statue as well.  I didn't knew him until Parasite was release, I watched it because an actress I really like (Park So Dam) played a major role in it. However, I felt in love with the way he portraits class issues in the film, as a sociolo