Ir al contenido principal

a person i'd like to meet and why that person is angela davis

 I've admired a lot of women in my life since a young age. I was lucky that my mum was not a feminist itself but had a really anti patriarchal ideology when she raised me, so she was aware I would learn about a lot of strong independent and revolutionary women while I was growing up. So, when I read the blog topic of this week, I immediately knew I was going to write about one of them. I thought about musicians I really love like Mon Laferte or Lee Hi or Mitski, only to tell them about how much I love their music and how it help me to go through really rough times of my life. I thought about actresses I admire like Jennifer Lawrence, Lupita Nyong'o or Anya Taylor-joy (the love of my life, oh my god, I would really LOVE to met her, sure it would be the best moment of my life, but whatever) and say to them about how much talent they have and how much I appreciate their hard work in every interpretation, because they have to go through such awful things in that industry. 

But at the end, I decided that the women (alive) I would really-really like to have the opportunity to meet, would be Angela Davis, the black political activist and philosopher, who I admire deeply. I think she is such a powerful symbol for revolutionary people in su many aspects, and that her experiences along side with her views of the world give such a rich and accurate analysis about how capitalism, racism and patriarchy work as one, strengthening and deepening each other. She is smart and strong, since I was very young my mother told about racism and the fight that black people had to struggle around the world, and how the actually keep struggle, and she told about here. I remember a very famous interview about her when I had thirteen and I was wondering why I was so angry with the world, one I'll leave below


She was born in Alabama in 1944, and had the privilege of studying in Europe, and all that knowledge she used it back in the United States as a way to help her people. She immediately started to activate politically and to became involved in numerous causes, all of that meanwhile she was also teaching in different universities during his lifetime until today. She was in prison because she was charged with being accomplice of murder and was also fired of her jobs in numerous ocassion due to her militance in the communist party or because of her believes, and she never backed up in any situation. Being honest, If someday I meet her I don't even know what I would say to her, I would just sit in front of her and say "please talk about anything you want" and just listen to her, listen what she has to said even if I've read it before in her books or in videos or interpretations. I'm just in love with her mind, with the way she thinks. 

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

“women are not made whole by men. women are made whole the moment they enter this world.”

After I finished She-ra and the Princesses of Power, I rewatched it a few times because I didn't feel emotionally prepared to start a new series. But then a friend I really care about said to me I should watch Anne with an E, a netflix adaption of the famous book Anne of Green Gables. And, right now, after I finally finished the third and last (at the moment) season, I don't feel emotionally prepare to start a new series, again. And I just had to say that this serie is one of the best I've seen in a while. The serie is about a 13 years old orphan name Anne Shirley, who arrives by mistake in the farm of Green Gables, were the siblings Matthew and Marilla Cuthberth were expecting a boy. However, Anne manages to stay in the farm despite the initial prejudices and changes the little town of Avonlea forever with her imagination and bright personality. Everything about the show: the art department, the screenplay, the characthers and also the topics its talk about, are amazin

a country i would like to visit!

First of all, there are many-many countries I would like to visit, so it's a question that request a lot of thinking for me. I can't choose only one, I think, so I would say first of all Mexico. I have always wanted to travel to Mexico, I think it's such an interesting place witch a rich culture. Visually, I like everything, their art, their architecture, and culturally too, I'm very interested in their history and cosmology, and although I think I might have a few problems with the food, since I'm no really into spicy things, I'm willing to try as much as my paladar allows me if one day I get the chance to go there. Also I must admit that I would like to go with my mom, since she is really a fan of Mexican culture too and I think a grand part of why I would like to go is for her.  There are many countries in Latinoamerica in general I would like to go, but if I get the chance to leave the continent, I would like to go to Asia and go to Korea. I've been thin

bong joon-ho and how everything is a class strugle

Boon Joon Ho (봉준호) is a South Korean filmmaker and Sociologist, born in Daegu in 1969. He enrolled to studied sociology in 1988 in Yonsei University at Seoul, it was there when he started his first film project, as he was part of a film club named Yellow Door. Finally around the 90's he did a two year program in the Korean Academy of Film Arts. His movies are known for tal about social issues, and because its dark and sarcastics humour and his abrupts tone shifts. He is now globally know for being the director of Parasite, the first non-english film who has ever win the Oscar major prize: Best Picture. The film took home the "Best Director", "Best Original Screen-play" and "Best International Feature film" statue as well.  I didn't knew him until Parasite was release, I watched it because an actress I really like (Park So Dam) played a major role in it. However, I felt in love with the way he portraits class issues in the film, as a sociolo